Pages

Monday 16 July 2012

Find Myself Drifting...

I had to share with you the new bedding my husband just bought for our little girl's next bedroom!  Even though she is just under a year and a half, we are starting to think about getting her new room ready for when she is two years old, and needs to be moved out of the nursery. 
At first I had really wanted a colourful, bohemian bedroom, but after showing my husband a few different looks I was contemplating, it became apparent that he disliked the mixed colour, patchwork quilts altogether!  His tastes favoured pastels, pinks/yellows/purples that reminded me of an Easter egg.  This was a happy medium!
 I consider this beautiful duvet cover, Anthropologie's Drifting Away in Lilac, to be frothy and full of whimsy.  Even though this is a bit a fussy, I am hoping to work a more ethereal look than princess.  This set is actually no longer available in store or online, but I was able to score it new and packaged on Ebay for half the price.  It was still a bit of a splurge, considering the deals you can get through Homesense with Cynthia Rowley's kids collections, but my daughter is already a 'daddy's girl' and my husband has already adapted to the 'only the best for my baby' mentality. 
The set that I purchased was offering a queen duvet cover, two standard shams (above), and one Euro sham (below).  Since Anthropologie would have sold these all individually, I was happy to find this listing.  The set does not include the bed skirt, I would have to purchase that separately.  I was not too concerned by this, because as of now, we are looking into a  twin Trundle bed.  I was a bit worried how a queen duvet would look on a twin bed, but figured a bit of extra fabric would work for the time being, and only makes sense considering our daughter would eventually have a double bed.
Admittedly, this may not be the most practical choice for a toddler, but it will be gorgeous!  Will update you with progress over the next six months on my latest project;)
To view Anthropologie's bedding click here


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is definitely gorgeous!