Pages

Sunday 18 November 2012

DIY Studded Army Jacket

When I first saw this studded army jacket by Blu Moon, I knew I had to get my hands on one!  At the time, it was entirely sold out everywhere.  After searching on EBay, I came across a Blu Moon Vintage Army Jacket sans the studs.  This one had some patches on it, but the price was so affordable ($39!) that I purchased it anyway.  Once I received my jacket I was thrilled to find that I could pull most patches right off without any damage to the jacket, keeping the patches I liked.  I purchased two different types of pyramid rivets, both silver and gunmetal in  size 10mm, so that I could stud the jacket myself.  It took me over a year to get around to actually studding the jacket, but I finally finished and am really happy with the outcome.  For those interested in making your own studded army jacket, all you need is a thrift shop jacket, pyramid rivets and less than an hour of your time.  Couldn't be any easier.  Here are some pics...my camera is not the best, but you get the gist;)
Although it hard to see in the above photo, the rivets on the pockets are a mix of the silver and gunmetal.  The difference in rivets are easier to make out in the photo below.
I added gunmetal rivets along the shoulder seam.
Studs on the cuffs of the arms were done in silver.
There you have it...have fun getting crafty;)
 


No comments: